Italian Cream SodaDawn Mikesell
Italian cream soda is one of my favorite New Year’s drinks. They’re not specific to New Year’s for most people, but they are for me. There’s something about the mild carbonation mixed with fruity flavors and cream that yells fun and festivity. AND… you can flavor them however you want with Torani flavoring syrups. I think this is one of the most common applications for these syrups.
I mix these up in more or less of a ratio. It doesn’t have to be exact. I personally like more flavor and more cream, so that’s what I do for mine. But you can mix them up however you like them most. I tend to use a 1:2 ratio of cream to flavoring syrup, then I top the rest of the glass off with club soda. But you can experiment and decide what you like most.
I hope you give this fun drink a try this New Year’s. I’m pretty sure you’ll love it. And we have one of the largest selections of Torani syrups in the area, so come in and check it out or have a look at them on our website here.
Italian Cream Soda
- 1/4 cup Torani flavoring syrup (Your choice. I prefer the fruity flavors with my favorites being raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, and peach.)
- 1 cup club soda
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Whipped cream for topping off (optional)
- In a tall glass pour Torani flavoring syrup.
- Add club soda to about 2 inches below the top of your glass. (If you don’t use the entire cup of club soda, that’s okay.)
- Add cream and stir to combine. Your cream soda will foam up a lot at this point, which is why it’s important to leave enough space for the foaming up when you pour in the club soda.
- Top with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!