We found this cute candy corn cookie recipe.
Another summer is coming to an end, and the debate continues. Candy Corn–YES or NO?
The leaves are turning, the cold is creeping in, and Halloween is just around the corner. Every year it always seems like someone somewhere rises the debate about candy corn. For me, it’s my daughter, she loves it, I hate it.
While the world continues to debate on whether or not candy corn is good or not. We found this cute little recipe that makes some fun and colorful cookies. It’s a simple and easy-to-make recipe that you will have a blast making! And regardless of whether or not one likes candy corn. They are sure to love these cookies.
Candy Corn Cookies
1 cookie: 83 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
- 1-1/2 cups butter (softened)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Yellow and orange paste food coloring
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Tint 1 portion yellow. Divide remaining dough into two-thirds and one-third portions. Color the larger portion orange; leave smaller portion plain.
- Shape each portion of dough into two 8-in. logs. Flatten top and push sides in at a slight angle. Place orange logs on yellow logs; push sides in at a slight angle. Top with plain logs, forming a slightly rounded top. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Add an extra little touch by dipping the tips in white icing!
Add some extra touches!
- Dip the tip in white icing.
- Add a dash of orange flavouring or zest.
- Sprinkle crystal sugar on top for decoration.
What ideas can you come up with from this fun recipe? We would love to hear your thoughts. You can share with us in the comment or on any of our social media platforms.
We are always adding something new and fun. Check out our other recipes, tips, and tricks on our blog page. You’re sure to find your new favorite recipe that you can’t stop making. We’d love to hear how your recipes come out!