Buckeyes, also known as peanut butter balls. Buckeyes Peanut Butter Balls
For many, there’s no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate. So, today I have for you a recipe for buckeyes.
In case you’re wondering, they get their name from the nut of the buckeye tree in Ohio, which is a small, shiny dark brown nut with a light tan patch. Very much like what this amazing little treat looks like.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and you can’t go wrong with a batch of peanut butter and chocolate buckeyes nicely arranged on a plate for those you love.
Buckeyes Peanut Butter Balls
- In a bowl, mix together almond flour, peanut butter, maple syrup/honey, and vanilla.
- Roll into balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil on 30 second increments in the microwave.
- Once melted, use a fork to lower the balls into the chocolate, covering 2/3 of the ball in chocolate. Lift the balls back out and place on tray. Repeat until all are dipped.
- Place balls in fridge for at least 15 minutes before eating.
- Store in fridge.