$12.49 – $21.99
- Our fresh nuts are like no other.
- We use the best of quality, carry a larger size nut, refrigerated for even freshness, and our roasted nuts are done in-house with our special touch.
- No over roasted nuts here and only lightly salted.
- Available raw, roasted/salted, or roasted/no salt.
- (All nuts available in bulk/wholesale by request)
Spanish Peanuts Roasted & Salted
Health benefits of Peanuts
• Peanuts are rich in energy (567 calories per 100 g) and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
• They compose sufficient levels of mono-unsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), especially oleic acid. MUFA helps lower LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increases HDL or “good cholesterol” level in the blood. Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet which is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids help to prevent coronary artery disease and stroke risk by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
• Peanut kernels are a good source of dietary protein; compose fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth and development.
• Furthermore, studies suggest that resveratrol may reduce stroke risk through altering molecular mechanisms in the blood vessels (reducing susceptibility to vascular damage through decreased activity of angiotensin, a systemic hormone responsible for blood vessel constriction that would elevate blood pressure), and by increasing production of vasodilator hormone, nitric oxide.
• Recent research studies suggest that roasting/boiling enhances antioxidant bio-availability in the peanuts. It has been found that boiled peanuts have two and four-fold increase in isoflavone antioxidants biochanin-A and genistein content, respectively. (Journal of agricultural and food chemistry).
• The kernels are an excellent source of vitamin E (a-tocopherol); containing about 8 g per100 g. vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant which helps maintain the integrity of cell membrane of mucous membranes and skin by protecting from harmful oxygen free radicals.
• The nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. 100 g of peanuts provides about 85% of RDI of niacin, which contributes to brain health and blood flow to the brain.
• The nuts are a rich source of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.