Need a special treat for a special occasion? Doesn’t it always seem like a holiday is just around the corner? Or maybe you just want to treat yourself. What a better way then with some Homemade Chocolate Truffles.
Chocolate truffles may seem a little intimidating. But making truffles yourself is simple and actually quite fun! Not to mention you get to customize them so you get exactly what you want. All you need is a handful of ingredients and a little patience.
Homemade Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate (high-quality recommended)
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Nuts (salt, caramel (optional))
- How To Make Ganache
- Heat cream and vanilla to almost a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add chocolate.
- Stir until completely smooth.
- Stir in optional ingredients (Optional Step)
- Chill chocolate ganache filling for two hours. (May need to chill longer based on ingredients added. Needs to hold ball shape.)
- Shape ganache into tablespoon-sized balls. Chill while making the chocolate coating.
- How to make chocolate coating.
- Melt chocolate and stir until completely smooth.
- Dip chocolate ganache balls in the melted chocolate.
- Place dipped truffle on parchment paper and allow the chocolate coating to harden.
Add extra ingredients sparingly. You don’t want your truffles falling apart.
At Kitchen Kneads we have some of the best melting chocolate and a great melting pot! We make it easy for you to get delicious truffles every time. Once you get the hang of truffle making, you’re going to want to experiment. We say go for it!
You can make all sorts of wonderful creations, and Kitchen Kneads has the tips! Play around with the thickness for the center of your truffle. We love rolling them in cocoa powder, nuts, and sprinkles. Using a darker chocolate with some sea salt or caramel creates a mind blowing truffle. Think of some ideas? Put them to the truffle!
Let us know how your truffles come out! Follow us on our social media platforms and use our hashtag #kitchenkneads!
Picture looks delicious but I can’t see the recipe.
Alexandra Holdeman says
The recipe has been fixed and updated. Thank you for following! Sorry for the temporary website fixes.