Fantastic Fall Chilikitchenkneads
When I was a kid, I only ate chili from a can. In fact, I didn’t even know chili could be made from scratch. I lived back east in my 20s and Fall seemed to be welcomed in by big pots of chili and stew. I quickly learned that there are so many flavors and styles of chili.
Where would I begin? I started with a cookbook, Chili Madness, and tried all sorts of recipes. Some were really hot, others not so hot. I also experienced chili over pasta, chili over rice and even chili over Fritos.
Over the years, I have developed a chili that has been delicious for all ages, with just the right amount of kick. I am happy to share this chili with you, which by the way, won at an office chili cook-off. I have shared this recipe with our Kitchen Kneads and it how now become our favorite fantastic fall chili.
This chili is delicious with or without meat. I’ve made it with ground beef, elk, and moose meat. I have also made it without meat. The flavor is wonderful either way. Our family loves cornbread alongside this chili. We like the chili best over rice and topped with sour cream, cheese, and green onions or fresh chives.
Fantastic Fall Chili
- 1 pound ground beef, elk, or moose meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16 oz) cans Bush’s chili beans
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt (I use Real Salt from Redmond)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon coconut sugar (this reduces the acid from the tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder plus an extra dash
- ½ teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce or more to taste (start with a tiny amount. You can always add more)
- ½ cup to ¾ cup water if desired for thinner consistency
- Brown meat, onion, and garlic in a stock pot. Cook until soft. Drain any excess fat.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 30-45 minutes.
- Serve over rice, small type pasta, or Fritos. Top with sour cream, grated cheese, green onions, or chives.
Did you love our Fantastic Fall Chili Check out our other great recipes and knacks on our blog!