Who doesn’t like a good smoothie? I love it on a hot day as a treat or as a breakfast on the go. It’s a great way to get all the food groups in one. Yes, dairy, fruits, vegetables, fats, grains, and protein.
A smoothie is a great treat for any time of the day. I recently found a recipe for a smoothie bowl. The ingredients were on-hand items in the kitchen, so I decided to give it a try. Wow! It was delicious and easy.
This is also a fun way to introduce kids in the kitchen and help them develop their cooking skills and to pick out the fruit and other ingredients they like for their smoothie. Have a variety of on-hand of fruits, flavored yogurts, granolas, and seeds and get set for fun in the kitchen.
The ingredients below are just a suggestion. Use your imagination!!
Fruit Smoothie Bowls
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or fruit of choice
- 1 frozen banana
- 7 ounces milk
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt, any flavor
- 2 ounces granola, any variety
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Place the frozen fruit in the blender and mix on low level.
- Add the milk, a tablespoon of the Greek yogurt, and 2 ounces of granola, and then blend again on low.
- Split the mixture into two bowls, then divide the rest of the Greek yogurt between the bowls.
- Swirl a fork through the bowl to create a marbled effect and garnish as desired.