Oat Waffles (Gluten-Free)cmarquez
Yes, there are gluten-free waffles out there, Matilda! What we love about these waffles is that they have light and crispy on the edges, with the amazing fluffy on the inside. A characteristic chew that your old-timey (yes that’s a word – don’t @ me) self, and others, will sure to love.
This recipe makes about 4-6 round waffles.
- 1 ½ cups (128 grams) oat flour*, certified gluten-free if necessary
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cinnamon, optional
- ¾ cup room temperature milk of choice (light coconut milk, nut milk, cow’s milk)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Tip: Let the waffle batter sit for 5-15 minutes so the flours can hydrate and the baking powder/soda can activate. This helps the waffles get crispy!