Homemade Peppermint Patties
Peppermint patties are so easy to make and they’re so delicious. If you like York peppermint patties, you’re going to love these. The patties are so soft and far from dry (a problem I’ve run into with other recipes). So go ahead and add these yummy treats to your Christmas candy-making list.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted*
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup*
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp peppermint flavoring oil*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla*
- 4 – 5 cups powdered sugar*
- dipping chocolate*
- crushed peppermint candy pieces for garnish*
*These ingredients can be found in our store.
- Mix together the first 6 ingredients. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Put in an air-tight container and let sit at room temperature for several hours. Roll out on a Silpat to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into small circles using a cookie cutter. Place patties on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Melt and temper chocolate. Remove from freezer and dip in chocolate. Place on Silpat or parchment paper and garnish with crushed peppermint candy pieces.
Leave a Reply