Watermelon Lemonade, this wonderfully colored beverage will elevate your neighborhood get-together or increase the popularity of your child’s lemonade stand.
Best tip is to give the watermelon a taste first. If you find the watermelon to be very sweet, reduce the amount of sugar.
Watermelon Lemonade is a perfect beverage to pair with very spicy food like Indian and Mexican food. When you are eating an authentic curry or a spicy mole, serve this version of Watermelon Lemonade and enjoy!
- 4 cups* cubed ripe seedless watermelon (about 1/2 8-pound watermelon)
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (3 to 4 large lemons)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups ice
- Ice and fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Process until liquid.
- Strain watermelon through a mesh strainer, reserving 4 cups of watermelon juice and discarding the watermelon flesh.
- Pour the watermelon juice into a pitcher. Set aside.
- Juice the lemons to equal 1 cup (use more if you prefer it really tart. I used 4 large lemons and got 1 cup of lemon juice)
- Strain the lemon juice and add it to the pitcher.
- Add in water.
- Stir in sugar to sweeten to desired taste.