Whole Wheat Sweet Quick Bread Mix and Banana Bread
Who doesn’t love sweet quick breads? While they’re not too terribly time-consuming to make, in my opinion anything that can be sped up is worth speeding up. Enter the Whole Wheat Sweet Quick Bread Mix.
Make one large mix and enjoy quicker quick breads all the time. I will be making different breads with this mix throughout the fall and winter, so be sure to mix some up so you can enjoy the other recipes when they come.
Whole Wheat Sweet Quick Bread Mix
- 12 cups whole soft white wheat flour
- 2 T baking powder
- 2 T baking soda
- 1 T salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients with a wire whisk until blended.
- Put in a large container (or multiple small ones) with a tight-fitting lid.
- Label with date and contents. Store in a cool, dry place and use within 6 months. Makes about 20 cups.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- 3 1/2 cups sweet quick bread mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 T lemon juice
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease one 9×5 loaf pan or two 7×3 loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring to blend.
- Turn into prepared pan or pans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a wooded toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes. Turn out of pan onto a cooling rack.