My 3 Must-Have Essential OilsDawn Mikesell
Let’s start off with lemon. I love the fresh smell of lemon, so I use it in my cleaning.
- It’s the most effective de-greaser I’ve ever used. Put a couple drops on a dry paper towel and wipe away those dried-on grease splatters.
- I like to put a couple drops in my water to keep my digestive system awake and running smoothly.
- I use it in my baking. I’m a huge fan of lemon. If it’s a lemon dessert, I love it. I use it in any lemon dessert to bring more flavor to the party.
- I also use it as an air freshener and mood enhancer by diffusing it into the air.
Melaleuca has so many different qualities.
- It’s antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antiparasitic, and antiseptic.
- I’ve used it to get rid of mold and mildew. Just before my second kid was born, I got our infant car seat out of the shed. Looking at it, I discovered that it had some mildew on it. My oldest had come into contact with it and developed itchy, red eyes and a high fever. I replaced the carseat cover and wiped the rest of it down with melaleaca. From that point on, it has been safe for my oldest to touch because the melaleuca completely got rid of the mildew.
- I use it to clean the bathroom. I add about 5 drops to my toilet bowl before cleaning it.
- I use it for cold sores. Again, my oldest developed a cold sore a couple weeks ago and after just one application of melaleuca, I could see it start to dry out and heal.
- I’ve used it to get rid of parasites in my dogs. In a capsule, I put 5 drops of oregano and 3 drops of melaleuca, hide it inside of a hot dog and give it to my dogs.
On Guard is my go-to for sickness. Especially when it comes to babies.
- When babies get sick, there’s not much you can give them to help them feel better. Essential oils are always the first thing I think of when dealing with babies. One drop on each foot 3-4 times a day dramatically decreases the length of the sickness. I don’t dilute it, but it’s suggested that you do dilute it in coconut or olive oil.
- I also use it when adults get sick. For them, I put a few drops in a capsule and have them swallow it.
- For children, babies, and adults, you can diffuse it into the air as a preventive measure.
- I also like to use it for cleaning, just as I use meleleuca.
- It’s also great for oral health. doTERRA has a whole line of On Guard products. I like to do oil pulling. It’s basically swishing oil around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes as it pulls bacteria off your teeth and gums. When I do this, I add two drops of On Guard for added oral benefits.
If you want to purchase doTERRA essential oils, you can come into our store or you can use this link.