World’s Best Smoked Chicken Rub Recipe
How to Make a Smoked Chicken Rub
I think it is essential that the rub must enhance the flavor of the meat without overpowering it. There must be a balance between each ingredient so there is no confusion to your palate. I feel this chicken rub is perfectly balanced to allow a spicy and yet robust flavor when you are smoking chicken low and slow. There is nothing that aggravates me more than when you make a spice rub and all the ingredients can only be obtained through mail order or a super high-end mega-mart. This rub only has the regular household spices.
Items Featured in this Recipe:
World's Best Smoked Chicken Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- Use as desired on poultry as a rub or seasoning, before or after grilling or cooking. Also good on pork, seafood, beef, and vegetables.