World’s Best Smoked Chicken Rub Recipe
How to Make a Smoked Chicken Rub
I think it is essential that the rub must enhance the flavor of the meat without overpowering it. There must be a balance between each ingredient so there is no confusion to your palate. I feel this chicken rub is perfectly balanced to allow a spicy and yet robust flavor when you are smoking chicken low and slow. There is nothing that aggravates me more than when you make a spice rub and all the ingredients can only be obtained through mail order or a super high-end mega-mart. This rub only has the regular household spices.
Items Featured in this Recipe:
World’s Best Smoked Chicken Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- Use as desired on poultry as a rub or seasoning, before or after grilling or cooking. Also good on pork, seafood, beef, and vegetables.
Nicholas Richards says
I can’t find the amounts any more, what’s the ratio on this rub. It’s amazing and I’ve been using it for years and for some reason never wrote down.
Alexandra Holdeman says
The recipe has been updated. Thank you.